Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Thank you

This past weekend I decided to pack my bike into my vehicle and really try to travel the trails of Pte. Mouillee. What started out as adventurous and exciting (at least for me) did not end well. The adventurous part was meeting up with my friend Jerry Jourdan and traveling the trails with him. Jerry frequents these trails and knows everything you really need to know. Somewhere in my travels from the Center Causeway and back and the trail that runs between Bloody Run and Long Pond I discovered I lost my camera (CoolPix S210). Not really knowing where I could have dropped it I continued my ride out and headed for my vehicle. When I got home I sent my friend Jerry an email letting him know that I found my way out and to let him know of the loss. The next day in Jerry's Blog he told of what he saw that they day and who he met up with - at the end of his tale he mentioned about the camera that I lost. Another birder (Mary) was out there riding and spotting as well and as she left for the day she noticed a note on the gates as you leave Sigler Road. Mary emailed Jerry this afternoon mentioning that she saw this note and remembered it saying something about a camera. The ride out to Pte.Mouillee after lunch proved to be very uplifting. The note on the gate read: "If you lost a camera here on the trails call (and they left a number). I am happy to say all is well and I have my camera back.

I just want to say "Thank You" to Jerry for writing an interesting blog that everybody reads, Mary for reading and emailing Jerry, and Ken and his wife for leaving the note. "Thank you"

2 comments:

Grosse Ile Nature & Land Conservancy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grosse Ile Nature & Land Conservancy said...

Patricia,
You should have an email address posted somewhere on your blog so that people can send you messages (unrelated to particular posts).
Anyway, FYI:
Humbug Marsh Open House
Saturday, June 14, 2008
9 am to 1 pm

They're open on the 2nd saturday of each month.

Liz