Monday, June 9, 2008

Slow Weekend - June 7th

Well this was a slow weekend for me. Got a couple of pictures of a House Finch and American Goldfinch in my backyard. Saturday morning I was going to go out to Pte. Mouilee before heading into work but unfortunately my cat had some problems and I needed to stay home. I left work at 3:00 and went home to see how everything was going - hung around to feed Nutmeg and give her her shot. Since it was already 5:30 I decided to take a ride to Pte.Mouillee Campau Road to see if anything was happening. From there I went on to Lake Erie Metro Park and decided to walk the trail opposite of The Marshland Museum. There was a lot of chatter and all that I saw was a Cardinal, Eastern Kingbird and a Painted Turtle that was resting on the trail. The floaties in the air made it a little difficult to really enjoy any viewing so after about an hour I decided to head home.

Sunday morning we all woke up to the rain so I decided to wait it out and then head out. With bike in tow I headed out to Pte. Mouillee Sigler Road - after get all set to take the ride I decided that it was just to windy to chance and decided to head out to U of M Dearborn Campus and walk the Nature Trail. I walked into the trail from the EIC and walked around the Fairlane Lake. From there I decided to walk across Jensen's Meadow to the Fairlane Estate. As making the trek something blue caught my eye flying from one branch to another. I stopped and watched diligently every landing that was made, snapping a photo at every allowed focus. I learned later that this was an Indigo Bunting, a bird I have never seen before. As I reached the end of the meadow I focused my attention on a Black Swallowtail that was fluttering about in the Alpine Gardens and as he landed I managed to snap a few photos.


I walked across the meadow and headed for the Old Rose Garden; there I got photos of the Water Lilies. As I headed back to the Nature Trail an Indigo Bunting caught my attention again, unfortunately catching a good photo this time was impossible.

That's all for this post, til my next one.

No comments: