Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pte. Mouillee - April 28th

Over the weekend I went up north to catch opening day of fishing on the Ausable River, of course I didn't get to fish until Sunday morning but that was okay. While up north I had to board my cat at the vet - Nutmeg is a diabetic and needs a shot twice a day and since my son moved out I have no one to give her those needed shots. Which now brings me to Monday and while I am waiting anxiously to go get her I make a run out to Pte Mouillee where I sit and obeserve for awhile. Before I head out to pick up Nutmeg I caught a glimpse of the Bald Eagles again. I managed to get a couple of shots before one leaves and managed to get another 3 -4 dozen shots of the other - moving closer and closer each time I took 12 shots.

Later that day after spending time with my cat I went out to Sigler Road where I watched the Tree Sparrows flying around. Off to the right of where I was standing was a lonely Spotted Sandpiper. I take a quick stop in on Campau Road where I have finally captured my photo of a Pied-billed Grebe. After my stop here I have one more stop and that's Lake Erie Metro Park where I got this picture of a Cormorant.

As I head home two large objects fly over my vehicle and land on the tracks. From the back view they look magnificent and then I get a side view. Yep! A Turkey Vulture. There weren't just two though - there were three. I tried to get a picture of all three of them as they landed on a power-line post but three yahoo's (I will refer to as Larry, Moe and Curly) walked out across the tracks (even after seeing I was trying to take a photo) and "bam" the vultures were gone. Well I did get a few good shots - so it wasn't a total wasted effort.

That's it til my next post.

(Note: Some of the birds or ducks mentioned are shown on the right in the side panel)

No comments: