Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lake Erie Metro Park - April 25th

Been out to visit my usual spots during the week when time has allowed with nothing really to report. Today I headed out about 5:30 - sun still out with a slight breeze. As I head down Campau Road taking advantage of the beautiful evening I pass a log full of Painted Turtles. All is quiet at the lake there are Tree Swallows and Red-winged Blackbirds flying around and from tree to tree. There is a Great Egret fishing for his dinner and on a log is another. As I turn to leave there is a Barn Swallow sitting on a post - sitting ever so quietly I take advantage of firing off at least 24 or more shots of the little darling. The logs in the streams seem to be just filled with Painted Turtles drying off.

Before going home I decided to make a run through Lake Erie Metro Park where at the entrance I am greeted by a Red Tail Hawk that acutally is very cooperative and allows me take some photos of him. The deer always seem to gather a crowd as one tries to make its way acorss the street to meet up with the rest of the family. I travel on through the park where there really isn't much activity until I get ready to leave the park. Rabbits are out feeding as well. Just as I make my way to the left to take the road out something very large catches my eye in one of the trees. Because my eye sight isn't that great at night to pin point an object I pull over to the side of the road, put on my hazards and get my scope out of the car. This guy here really drew a crowd - car after car stopped to look at this Bald Eagle. What a magnificent sight. Til my next post.

No comments: