Sunday, May 18, 2008

May 18th

This morning I decided to take my chances with whether it would rain or not. Before I hit my usual spots I decided to travel down Jefferson towards Roberts Road just for the heck of it. Just past Sigler Road on my left I spotted a Ring-necked Pheasant; since no one was on the road I pulled over to the right to see if I could grab a few shots. I've always had poor judgment when it comes to a good time to digiscope and today wasn't going to be any different. After I pulled off the road I spotted a Ring-necked Pheasant on my right, slowly I got out of myvehicle -took my scope out to set the view on my subject, set my CoolPix S210 and attached it to my scope so I could grab the moment. I will say he was very cooperative and I did get quite a few shots. I tried to get a shot of the one I had originally seen to begin with but he was least cooperative and flew off.

After getting my pheasant I decided t0 go to Pte. Mouillee where I got a few shots of this Baltimore Oriole. There are still a few Wood Ducks in that area and a couple of Mallards. Also spotted were Yellow Warblers, Eastern Kingbirds, Red-winged Blackbirds, Cardinals, Robins and the Tree and Barn Swallows were putting on their usual air show.

That's pretty much for my day. Til my next post.

No comments: