Sunday, May 11, 2008

U of M - Dearborn May 10th

Well here I am again. Thought I'd take advantage of the sun again and went back to U of M Dearborn - Nature Trail. There is just so much activity out there - so many sounds that you want to try to see what it is that you're hearing. The first sight is a family of Robins with mom feeding her babies. Feeding from the feeder at the entrance is a Red-bellied Woodpecker. The river is full of Painted Turtles and a couple of Green Frogs. There's a very bright red Cardinal flying from tree to tree just landing on a branch long enough for you to see him and just as you get ready to snap a picture he moves.

There are a lot of flowers in bloom as I make why way down the paths. Trilliums, Wood Anemones and Jack in the Pulpit are just a few of the flowers covering the ground. There are a couple of butterflies fluttering about as well: The Cabbage White and as near as I can tell a possible Satyr. After walking down just about every path that I can find (well maybe I missed one) the last bird of my trek is a Northern Flicker. Well that's about it for this post. Til my next post.

1 comment:

Jerry Jourdan said...

Rocking good pics, Pat! Way to go!

Jerry