Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Buntings - February 12, 2010

Decided to leave work early on Friday and take a run down to Pte Moo HQ to see if I might catch another glimpse of the American Pipit. Watch the trees next to the boat launch and down and didn't see any movement until I drove around to the other side of the parking lot. Saw two birds fly up and land and move very quickly. At first I thought they might be Kildeer but then said "No - can't be". As I raised my camera to take a shot I noticed their cheeks and said "Bunting".

They scurried back and forth and disappeared everytime a vehicle passed by me, but they came and continued scurrying about. Like the American Pipit getting a shot of a Snow Bunting was a first for me. Til my next post.


ps - Saw Walt Pawlowski Saturday (late morning) and he mentioned that he saw Snow Buntings with Larks. Unfortunately I don't remember the road he mentioned but he did say something about Huron River Rd. So if anyone can help me out with the area he might have been talking about - would really appreciate it.

No comments: