Monday, February 15, 2010

My Girl - February 13, 2010

Saturday morning before heading out I took a little detour over to St. John St to check out the ducks on the river. Sitting on the edge of the ice was a Canvasback and two lady friends. As I kept watching all the ducks in the water I suddenly heard a lot of quacking from the center of this flock. There were these two Mallards going back and forth - back and forth as this sweet little thing just floated along side her man.

I have watched geese honk at the top of their lungs as the female swims away in
embarassment. I have watched swans get physical nipping at the swan trying to make its get away. Now I'm not saying that she didn't do anything wrong (at least from what I observed) but, whatever this discussion was about it was settled quite gentlemanly. When it was over the trio went their separate ways. The one swam off by himself and the couple went in the other direction. Guess she found her hero.

No comments: