Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Perfect Morning - 04/25/2009

Saturday morning 7 a.m. - I decided to head over to Lake Erie Metro Park and walk the nature trail and the trail along the river to the boat launch. The air was just perfect with a slight breeze - a perfect day for a stroll with camera in tow. If you haven't been through the nature trail lately you'll notice that trees have been cut down or topped and there are more hiding places for the birds to go into for shelter or just hide from the paparazo passing through.

When I've walked the path along the riverside I'll find a Carolina Wren making its way through the rocks and branches close to the ground. This morning as I drove up from the boat launch there he sat in a small tree on the road side - surprisingly he sat pretty still.

Since the day was very pleasant I decided to walk around the nature trail and then took a walk on the path along the river and then one more walk around the nature trail. Besides the Carolina Wren I saw Black-capped Chickadees, a nesting Robin, White-throat Sparrows, a Yellow Warbler darting in and out of the trees and a Ruby-crowned Kinglet hopped from branch to branch. Feeling pretty good about the birds that I saw and hopefully the photos I captured - I decided to head home and get some of my chores done. After all - there's always tomorrow. Til my next post.

No comments: