Wednesday, July 2, 2008

In Search of the Black-necked Stilt - July 2

Decided to take a run up to Pte Mouillee before the big weekend and before I head up north. Thought I'd give it a shot to see if I could see the Black-necked Stilts that I was lucky to get a photo of on the 15th of June. Weather isn't looking good and there is a chance of rain but as long as it was clear for a while I thought I'd give it a look. I took the path from Sigler Road and traveled between the Vermet unit and Long Pond, thought I'd have a better chance of seeing the stilts if they were indeed out there. In Long Pond there were quite a few of Green-winged Teals and in the Vermet Unit just behind there was a Common Snipe. In the distance of the Vermet Unit there are at least 2 dozen Caspian Terns and about a half dozen Black Terns, along with Cormorants and American Coots and a number of various ducks (sorry couldn't make them out). Weather started to kick in so I decided to ride back to my vehicle and call it a day. If tomorrow is any better may I'll give it one last shot. Til my next post.

No comments: