Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend - March 21st

Not sure how many of you had to work on Good Friday but since I didn't and all of my running for the day had been done by noon I ventured out into new territory. The first thing this morning I did was make my usual trek to Southfield and Jefferson where I got a wonderful picture of the sunrise. This afternoon I will tavel down Jefferson where I have decided to venture out to Lake Erie Metro Park.

As I entered the park I spotted a Hawk in a tree just a little too far for me to photograph. But as you drive through the park you will cross over a bridge where I got this picture of the Hooded Merganser. Other ducks in the water were Canvasbacks, Common Mergansers, Mallards and their mates.

The birds in the park were plentiful. The Red-winged Blackbird were singing away to each other and the robins were storming the ground for worms. The Kildeer were scurring here and there, the cardinals were bright in color and the House Sparrow were flying around as well.
After leaving the Metro Park I traveled on to Pt. Mouille and drove down Campau Road. There was a lot of bird activity and as you drive over the narrow bridges in the streams that lead out to the lake you will see all sorts of ducks, herons, geese and swans. Be careful as you drive through though you could startle a subject worth photographing.
That's it for this post want to release it so I can move on to the next one.
Til then - enjoy what you see and take note.

No comments: