Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11 2009

Here we are in the finish of the second week of the new year and this is my second time out. Having a head cold hasn't helped but I had to leave the house this afternoon or I would have gone nuts. Took a drive down to Pte Mouillee HQ to see if there was any activity there - since the roads haven't been plowed I didn't want to stop and get stuck so I just drove thru. Went over to Lake Erie Metro Park the Hawks were in the trees, unfortunately they were too far to photograph but you could see them. The trees were full of Robins and White-throat Sparrows with a few Cardinals peeping around. Since the paths to the nature trail and down to the boat launch and around don't get shoveled I stayed to the outside of the trails.

I went back over to Campau Road before heading home - wouldn't you know it they plowed the road I should have waited a little longer. There wasn't much on the lake about a dozen Mute Swans, a Bufflehead and three Common Golden eyes. The lake is pretty frozen and you have to wonder how those ducks and swans and geese can stand it, then you look at a few sights and you realize all don't make it. Where there's beauty there's sadness as well - it all equals out.

Time to call it a day - til my next post.

No comments: