Saturday, November 22, 2008

Always Go With Your Hunch - 11/22/08

This morning I decided to go out to Lake Erie Metro Park again to see if I could spot the Hawks and possibly get a shot. While there I did take a walk along the Nature Trail - which did turn out to be a trifle uneventful. I did spot the Hawk however and of course he was very uncooperative again, even when I tried to digiscope him - he just didn't want his picture taken.

Heading home down Jefferson Avenue just as I passed Humbug Marsh I notice this bird sitting on a wire. My first guess is it's a pigeon or a dove but there's something about this bird that makes me think twice. Watching to make sure there are no cars coming I turn around and drive up the road a little and then turn around again. I pulled over and grabbed the camera to see if I can get a better view, sure enough my hunch was right - not a pigeon - not a dove - an American Kestrel. With no traffic again I drove across and turned around in the entrance and starting firing away. It posed for the longest time and finally he had enough.

My last stop on the way home is Elizabeth Park where I tried to get a picture of an American Kestrel flying overhead - just too high up. Not an abundant amount of pictures taken today but any day you can get just one that you haven't taken in a while is a good day. Til my next post.

No comments: