Friday, October 22, 2010

Sunday - October 17, 2010

Although Saturday was just as equally nice as Sunday there was more bird activity today. I start my day by watching the weather channel to see when the sun is going to rise. My problem is that I keep forgetting that the time they mention means the sun is already up in the sky. So on my way out I stopped off at Bishop Park in Wyandotte to try and get a picture of the yellows, oranges and purples that fill the sky over the water. The time is 7:38 and the sun rise is scheduled for 7:48. After taking the picture you can't help[ but sit and look to take it all in.


With this part of my trip out of the way I head on over to Pte Moo and Roberts Road. I drive down to the very end and park to see how much activity is going on. The birds are really singing up a storm today and the flying in and out of the fragmites is pretty strong as well. I managed to get one Immature White-crowned Sparrow to be very accommodating in getting his picture taken. I love the ones that make this part of birding so easy. First look to the left, now to the right, maybe one over the shoulder. Maybe now it's time to move on.

As I head on back down the road I hear singing off to the left so I decide to ride close to the edge of the little horseshoe kind of opening. There I found Gold-crowned Kinglets flying through a tree close to the road, jumping from this branch to that branch very quickly.
A beautiful day and a great picture day for me. Til my next post.

No comments: