Monday, October 25, 2010

A Good Weekend - October 22, 2010

Before I left work on Thursday I sent an email that read I probably wouldn't be in on Friday since it was suppose to be the nicest day of the weekend. I won't bore you with details but instead tell you what and where I photographed on Friday. I started off on Roberts Road where I photographed an Immature White-crowned Sparrow, Song Sparrow, Rusty Blackbird, Northern Flicker, Yellow-rumped Warbler and a White-throated Sparrow.

I did walk the trail at Lake Erie Metro Park where the Yellow-rumps were flying everywhere, along with the hundreds of Robins and Cardinals out there. At the big lookout at the back of the trail I managed to get a photo of a Ruby-crowned Kinglet. A Red-tail Hawk landed on a tree just across from the smaller outlook where a bunch of Rusty Blackbirds were playing in the mud. And of course you can't help but stop and talk to Luc before you leave.
On Saturday I drove out to Pte Moo HQ again to try and get the sunrise. To watch the sky full of color as the sun rises up is just breath taking. There is something definitely serene about watching. After the sun reaches its heights I went to sit just inside the gate where the usual attractions were flying around. There's a pine tree with grape vines inter-twining through its branches where a Gold-crowned Kinglet makes an appearance. Today he definitely tested my skills as to whether I would get a photo or not. Other birds that I photographed were: Cardinals, Yellow-rumped Warblers, White-throated Sparrows and of course the Black-capped Chickadees.

The Thrush was photographed in my backyard. While sitting at the kitchen table I looked up to see this bird perched on my back fence. I ran to get the camera and then scrambled to find a memory card since the one that was in the camera was in the reader. He wouldn't turn around but it was enough to know that it was a Thrush.
Til my next post. Have a Good Week.

No comments: