Thursday, March 26, 2009

Backyard Birding - March 25, 2009

When I got home today I decided to set up my tripod in the backyard and wait and see what might show. I had at least a dozen doves under the feeder at the north end of the yard and I could hear the birds singing in the maple tree in the backyard but nothing to photograph. Patience is a virtue and I have found that when it comes to waiting for the birds I have all the patience in the world so I waited. Before I knew it they started flying in one by one: Goldfinch, House Sparrows, Blackbirds and Grackles. After about an hour I packed up the tripod and went inside only to find that there was a new visitor to the feeder - there sitting on the thistle sack was the brightest House finch and his mate - beautiful.

If you stand quiet long enough they do come in to feed and will stay for a while allowing photo after photo. Hope you enjoyed the photos. Til my next post.

1 comment:

Bill - Fort Myers Beach said...

Hi Patricia,
Love the bird pics !
I am a Realtor here on Fort Myers Beach and have very recently upgraded my equipment to provide a higher level of service to my clients. Problem: As a complete newbie I need to find a basic/beginners class to help me learn how to best use my equipment. Any recommendations ?
Bill
239 699-7128