Monday, August 11, 2008

Scattered Showers and In The 60's - 8/10

Cloudy - Scattered Showers and in the 60's - what a great weekend to be up north. Well we packed up the kittens and camera gear and headed up to Mio. Traffic going up was nothing less than herrific. Seems like everywhere you drive now in Michigan there's an alternate route leading you to somewhere. Saturday was dismal and rainy so when it stopped drizzling we decided to take in a little fishing and hope for a better day on Sunday.


Sunday wasn't any better. Scattered drizzle all morning and cloudy skies didn't stop me from trying to figure out what exactly I am doing wrong when I digiscope. Since all the other weekends when it was sunny there really haven't been any birds this past weekend was just the opposite. In the woods there were birds flying everywhere - so I had tall trees, no bright light and a lot of birds.


Determined to find out what I've been doing wrong I tested both of my cameras changing settings to try this and try that. In spite of the not having bright sun light I would say that I did considerably well with my photos (check them out).


My digiscoping equipment consists of the following: NIKON Fieldscope S50 ED; NIKON CoolPix S210; FUJI FinePix F50SE and two home made adptors that attach to the camers and scope. My subjects consisted of the Black-capped Chickadee; Blue Jays; a Downy and Hairy Woodpecker; Rose-breasted Grosbeak - male and immature males and females; a Red-breasted Nuthatch and a White-breasted Nuthatch. After packing up and getting ready to leave as I stepped out the back door there were three American Gold Finches on the feeder, one male and two female. It was a good weekend . Til my next post.

No comments: