Monday, August 18, 2008

Black-billed Cuckoo - August 17, 2008

Sorry for the late posting - still trying to label the shorebirds that I have taken. Went out to Pte. Moo where I ran into Mary and her niece. Checking out a few spots we headed out to Cell 3 where we found Jerry Jourdan digiscoping the shorebirds. Still learning what and when and where I can digiscope I set up my equipment and began photographing some of the shorebirds that were there. Jerry was kind enough to point out the different shorebirds out to me. After awhile a group from the Audubon came through and I decided to head over to Campau Road before heading home.

Campau Road is actually a nice little side track, you can drive slowly through and just listen - sometimes you can get lucky as I did. I had already traveled down the road to the gates where the HeadQuarters is and decided after checking out the little moor (that's what I call it) I made my way back down the road. Just before I got to the turn something flew across the hood of my vehicle, stopping ever so slowly I searched for the bird. With camera ready and as I spotted it I began snapping away. Turns out what I photogaphed was a Black-billed Cuckoo.

That was it for my day - til my next post.

No comments: