Monday, August 30, 2010

New Camera to Shoot With - August 30, 2010

For a while now I have been thinking about getting a new camera. Not that there was anything wrong with what I had (Rebel XT) but I really thought that it was time to upgrade. I went and purchased a Canon 50D - to go along with my EF 100-400mm f4.5 - 5.6L IS USM lens, along with the battery grip (one heavy piece of equipment - literally). I took the camera out as soon as I got it (without the calibration) and took the first three shots shown in the column to the right of my blog page.

My friend Jerry helped me calibrate my lens to the camera (I didn't even know that needed to be done) on Friday morning (a week later) I took it out that afternoon , Saturday and Sunday. The next three shots in the right column were taken after calibration of the lens.

As with anything new you always want to experiment - and I and I can't wait for the Labor Day weekend so I can do just that. So... Til my next post.

No comments: