Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Weekend in Mio - 2/15/2009

With a sticker on my camera that reads "AV not M" I packed up my camera gear - loaded up the truck minus the kittens this time and headed up north. Saturday on arrival I head out and load up all the feeders in the area. I sit out in my blind to see if anything comes to check them, darkness falls and no one has ventured out so in I go til morning.

8:00 a.m. Sunday morning I put on the coffee, grab my gear and head out to my blind. After sitting for about an hour and a half I find myself praying to God for even a Nuthatch. It never fails, once these guys get out there the whole world knows there's food. The usual players are out there: Red and White Breasted Nuthatches, Black-capped Chickadees, Tuft Titmouse, the Brown Creeper is keeping it entertaining flying from one tree to another and the squirrels are a riot. I've always been told that the black squirrels are the nastiest so I find it kind of funny when I watch a little Red Squirrel chase these guys through the woods.

Around noon I head in for lunch and head back out afterwards. The feeders are now filled with Pine Siskins. All together on the feeder to the side of me, ahead of me and on the ground I have a total of 24. It's getting close to 3 p.m. and it's time go in and pack up to go home.
Til my next post.

No comments: